For up-to-date information about the PostgreSQL port, see PostgreSQL. This page is now obsolete.
This project is focused on modifying Spacewalk to support both Oracle and PostgreSQL databases.
The minimum supported version of Oracle is Oracle 10g.
Targeted version of PostgreSQL is 8.1+
- Developer list: spacewalk-devel@… (signup)
- IRC: #spacewalk-devel on (irc.freenode.net)
- git repo: branch "pgsql" ( last merged from master: 06-22-09 by jortel )
git branch --track pgsql origin/pgsql git checkout pgsql
|Jeff Ortel||mailto:jortel@…||jortel||Y||Technical Lead|
|Greg De Koenigsberg||mailto:gdk@…||gregdek||N||Community Guy|
What's happening this week ...03/30/09
- Getting perl stack connecting/working with postgres (dgoodwin)
- Refactoring /schema directory into: (jortel)
- common parts (done)
- forked oracle parts (done)
- forked postgres parts
- Get build, install & packaging working with refactored directory (jortel).
- oracle build working.
- postgres build working but:
- syntax problems in many of the procs
- missing 119 trigger files.
|Tables & Indexes||100%||Details|
|Procedures||80%||Details||13/57 loaded by EDB|
|Packages||70%||Also needs .pks created.|
Worklog - What problems are being encountered in the "pgsql" branch and how they're being solved.
Development Notes - Notes on how to actually work with the as of yet unreleased PostgreSQL code in the pgsql git branch.
Testing Notes - Notes on current testing activities
Orafce: Oracle support functions http://pgfoundry.org/projects/orafce/
Ora2pg: Convert Oracle DDL to Postgres http://freshmeat.net/projects/ora2pg/
Porting Oracle Applications to PostgreSQL http://developer.postgresql.org/~petere/oraport.pdf
EnterpriseDB Oracle Compatibility Developer's Guide http://www.enterprisedb.com/downloads/docs/EnterpriseDB_OraCompat_8.3_v2.7.pdf
Migrating Oracle PL/SQL to PL/pgSQL http://www.pgadmin.org/docs/1.4/pg/plpgsql-porting.html
Postgres Porting guidelines Here are the initial guidelines on how to move ahead with this porting effort. This will be posted, discussed and finalized on the developer mailing list too, so please follow it up there.