virt_web is a simple web based front end to http://libvirt.org/. The design focus is just on virtual machine management. Sort of a stepping stone between managing just a handful of virtual machines and a full on cloud.
- Utilizes qpid for communicating between the web application and nodes.
- Only a small set of packages required on each node and no additional firewall rules.
- Front end based on TurboGears2 framework
- Full api for automation.
- Do everything that libvirt can do
- Allow for easy bulk operations
- Create an easy view into what a series of libvirt nodes look like
git clone git://git.fedorahosted.org/git/virt_web.git/
Then just follow the docs in virt_web/README.txt
- Comments, questions, bugs, feedback, ideas, help requests? We'd love to hear from you.
- The development mailing list: https://fedorahosted.org/mailman/listinfo/virt_web-devel -- if you're submitting code, please join
- IRC chat: #virt_web on irc.freenode.net
- File bugs from this page:
- You will need a Fedora account from https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts.
- Click "Login" at the top, then click "New Ticket"
How does it work
Each node you wish to manage will run libvirt-qpid which will contact a qpid server you setup. The qpid server could be the same host that runs the frontend.
node1 node2 node3 \ | / \ | / \ | / \ | / QPID broker | | virt_web interface
Q: Can I use this to manage my cloud?
Q: What is left to implement?
A: Right now, a lot. Check out our roadmap. https://fedorahosted.org/virt_web/roadmap