Ticket #1468 (closed enhancement: fixed)
[RFE] AD: Should be able to log in as long or short domains
|Reported by:||stefw||Owned by:||sbose|
|Priority:||critical||Milestone:||SSSD 1.10 beta|
|Tests Updated:||no||Coverity Bug:|
|Patch Submitted:||yes||Red Hat Bugzilla:||969882|
|Design link:||N/A (trivial)|
|Design review:||no||Fedora test page:|
|Chosen:||Want||Candidate to push out:||yes|
|Release Notes:||When sssd is configured for an Active Directory network, users are now able to log in using both short and long domain names (i.e. AD\User and ad.long.domain\User).|
When sssd is configured for an active directory network, we should be able to log in using either the short (aka workgroup) or long domain names.
For example a domain called ad.thewalter.lan would also have a short name called 'AD'.
The user should be able to authenticate as:
Obviously the above would also be case insensitive.
- Milestone changed from NEEDS_TRIAGE to SSSD 1.11 beta
- Red Hat Bugzilla set to todo
- Summary changed from AD: Should be able to log in as long or short domains to [RFE] AD: Should be able to log in as long or short domains
comment:12 Changed 2 years ago by jhrozek
- Owner changed from jhrozek to sbose
- Status changed from assigned to new