Ticket #1258 (closed defect: fixed)
SSSD should attempt to get the RootDSE after binding
|Reported by:||sgallagh||Owned by:||jhrozek|
|Priority:||major||Milestone:||SSSD 1.8.3 (LTM)|
|Coverity Bug:||Patch Submitted:||yes|
|Red Hat Bugzilla:||805924||Design link:|
|Design review:||Fedora test page:|
|Chosen:||Candidate to push out:|
In some situations, a server will disallow retrieving the RootDSE to an anonymous user (or one who is not using a sufficiently high SSF).
In those situations, we should continue as we do currently, binding with reasonable defaults, and then attempt again to retrieve the RootDSE, which may now be available to the properly-bound user.
- Type changed from enhancement to defect
- Milestone changed from NEEDS_TRIAGE to SSSD 1.9.0
- Red Hat Bugzilla set to [https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=805924 805924]
- Owner changed from somebody to jhrozek
- Status changed from new to assigned