Table of Contents
Spacewalk 2.4 was released on October 7th, 2015:
Spacewalk is an open source Linux systems management solution. It allows you to:
- Inventory your systems (hardware and software information)
- Install and update software on your systems
- Collect and distribute your custom software packages into manageable groups
- Provision (Kickstart) your systems
- Manage and deploy configuration files to your systems
- Provision virtual guests
- Start/stop/configure virtual guests
Spacewalk is the upstream project for the source of Red Hat Satellite. Spacewalk works with RHEL, Fedora, and other RHEL derivative distributions like CentOS, Scientific Linux, etc. Limited support for managing Debian machines is also available. We are working on getting Spacewalk packages included in Fedora.
This wiki is primarily focused on the usage and development of Spacewalk. For a higher-level overview of Spacewalk, what it does, and for a full gallery of screenshots, please visit the Spacewalk website at redhat.com.
The main subsections of this wiki;
- User Documentation: Learn more about how to set up and use Spacewalk
- Developer Documentation: Learn how to work on and build Spacewalk, and how Spacewalk is put together.
- FAQs: Answers to your questions.
- How to Contribute: Do you want to help us? Start here.
- Downloads (Source and RPMs): Find out how to check out the source code and get RPM releases.
- Roadmap: What are the plans for the future of Spacewalk.
- Release Process: What is the process for releasing Spacewalk.
- Brainbox: Some ideas that might end up in the roadmap. Just a page to collect them.
- Features: An index page of ideas that have graduated from the BrainBox to become features.
There are several ways to get in touch with Spacewalk developers and users:
- Announcement list (Moderated): spacewalk-announce-list@… (signup) (archives)
- User list: spacewalk-list@… (signup) (archives)
- Developer list: spacewalk-devel@… (signup) (archives)
- IRC: #spacewalk & #spacewalk-devel on (irc.freenode.net)
- Let us know about your Installations
Need To Edit This Wiki?
You don't need to ask to be in the spacewalk account system group, that's only for commit access, see the Patch Process. To get started simply;
- Get a Fedora account: Come back and start editing.
Want to File a Bug/RFE?
- Enter a bug here: Check if the issue already has bugzilla filed at bugzilla.redhat.com.
- Search for bugs here: If it has, feel free to add yourself to Cc list of that bugzilla and add comments with more details, logs, etc.
- Report a new bug: If it has not, then please report it here with all the detail you can muster.
- Get a Bugzilla account: You will need an account in bugzilla to add comments or file new bugzillas.
(18.8 KB) -
added by mdehaan 8 years ago.
(30.1 KB) -
added by jmrodri 7 years ago.
0.2 release banner big
- spacewalk-1-0-release.png (47.2 KB) - added by shughes 6 years ago.
(29.3 KB) -
added by philipmather 5 years ago.
spacewalk release big banner 1.1
(25.0 KB) -
added by adelton 5 years ago.
Spacewalk 1.2 kick off.
(27.1 KB) -
added by tlestach 5 years ago.
Spacewalk 1.3 release banner
(29.4 KB) -
added by msuchy 5 years ago.
Spacewalk 1.4 Release Banner
- spacewalk_release_big_banner_15.png (29.6 KB) - added by adelton 5 years ago.
- spacewalk_release_big_banner_16.png (41.4 KB) - added by mmraka 4 years ago.
(28.9 KB) -
added by adelton 4 years ago.
Spacewalk 1.7 release banner
- spacewalk_release_big_banner_18.png (28.6 KB) - added by adelton 3 years ago.
(37.5 KB) -
added by sherr 3 years ago.
Spacewalk 1.9 banner
- spacewalk-2-0-release.png (49.5 KB) - added by mmraka 3 years ago.
(41.6 KB) -
added by mmraka 2 years ago.
(29.6 KB) -
added by mzazrive 19 months ago.
Spacewalk 2.2 release logo