Content for the Spins Page
Thorough, Safe & Secure
The Fedora Security Spin is a livecd based on Fedora to provide a safe test-environment for working on security-auditing, forensics and penetration-testing, coupled with all the Fedora-Security features and tools.
The spin is maintained by a community of Security Testers and Developers. It comes with the clean and fast openbox window manager and a customized menu to have all the instruments one may need to follow a proper test-path. With the read-write rootfs, it is possible to install software while the livecd is running. The Fedora liveusb-creator provides an overlay feature to put the security-spin on an usb-stick so that the user can install and update software - and can safe his test-results permanently.
F12 Security Spin Screenshot
The Fedora Security spin is build to have a safe, fast and functional Security Test Environment.
- kital (Joerg Simon) at #fedora-india on freenode.net
- Fedora-list: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
- Fedora Forum: http://www.fedoraforum.org/
- Fedora Security Spin in the Fedora wiki: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SecuritySpin
- Fedora Security Spin Development Tracking: https://fedorahosted.org/security-spin