rpmfluff is a lightweight way of building RPMs, and sabotaging them so they are broken in controlled ways.
It is intended for use when testing RPM-testers e.g. rpmlint and writing test cases for RPM tools e.g. yum
- 2015-08-20: John Dulaney implemented weak dependencies.
- 2015-07-10: And one tiny release to incorporate Will Woods's comment I have missed yesterday.
- 2015-07-09: David Shea made rpmfluff running on Python 3 - awesome! RHEL5 (i.e. Python 2.4) support was dropped. Released version 0.4.
- 2014-04-30: Something changed and we can not blindly remove newline here as it is not there now. But trying to keep it compatible with what we had before. (956609fdb7ffe539128f13dba80480728ea913fe)
- 2010-02-12: Now version is in the separate file
- 2010-01-26: Fix for deprecated popen2 module
- 2010-01-07: Now using EGGs for building
- 2009-12-18: Released version 0.3, let's try to get to Fedora
- 2009-05-14: Added method add_simple_payload_file_random() if you want to include some file to the rpm and you do not care about the content (8fa00e79c6c44a15b91b3bdf0a94603b85518112)
- 2009-04-22: Fixed build issues on ppc (f3fcdfcb579cb3c172e5358a397e9dccee727ff7)
- 2009-01-06: Added %pre/%post/%preun/%prepost capabilities (ec98bcc2ed8c3551149e6f5a60e19706ffbfc2ea and few older)
- 2008-09-08: Fixed 2 small issues and created 0.2-2 version (23fded65feded95fe8e485816e1581057716d78c)
- 2008-09-08: Commited new big bunch of changes by David Malcolm and released version 0.2 (d0cfc84953d484477dfa8388915ff7ebbb906276)
- 2008-07-11: Package renamed to python-rpmfluff, now works on the F9, some more changes (c1186b9d930d96a5710da79233f83d9597dab814)
- 2008-07-08: Initial commit of David Malcolm's code from former Table Cloth project (3b70c29d1d11e93e95735f0b2156d0c68bae93e6)
Just build empty rpm
import rpmfluff foo = rpmfluff.SimpleRpmBuild("foo", "0.1", "1") foo.make()
To clone your copy of the rpmfluff git repo, just run:
$ git clone git://git.fedorahosted.org/git/rpmfluff.git
or you can browse it on rpmfluff.git.
To push changes to the git use ssh (you have to be in the FAS group gitrpmfluff):
$ git remote add fedorahosted ssh://FEDORAUSER@git.fedorahosted.org/git/rpmfluff.git $ git push fedorahosted