Project is obsolete
Please see this project at http://www.ovirt.org/project/subprojects/ .
RHEV-M API Definition
This is an effort to define an official REST API for Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization.
There are three parts to the project:
- The REST API definition - Java interfaces defining the API methods and base classes defining the API's object model. These are annotated with JAX-WS and JAXB annotations.
- A PowerShell wrapper implementation - a servlet implementing the API by wrapping the RHEV-M 2.2 PowerShell API.
- A mock implementation - a servlet implementing the API using mocked-up resources. This allows one to experiment with the API without needing a RHEV-M installation.
A native version of the API has been developed and will be part of Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization 3.0. Current customers and partners can access it via our RHEV 3.0 beta program. The code will be open source under the oVirt project.
REST API Reference
The PowerShell wrapper is for experimentation only and not a supported Red Hat solution.
- See our Roadmap and issues list
- The code is in git.
- Built artifacts are deployed to maven.
- We also release milestones periodically.
- Our mailing list is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can also join us on the OFTC IRC channel #rhevm-api