Publican 4.0.0 released on 18th December 2013.
Welcome to the Publican wiki
publican is a single source publishing tool based on DocBook XML.
publican-fedora is a brand package to restyle your books with a Fedora theme.
publican-jboss is a brand package to restyle your books with a JBoss theme.
publican-redhat is a brand package to restyle your books with a Red Hat theme.
publican-gimp is a brand package for the GIMP project.
publican-ovirt is a brand package for the oVirt project.
- Users Guide
- Release Notes
- Fonts Used in Publican
- How to install Publican from source code on F19+ or RHEL 6
- Install Publican on Mac OS X Lion
- Helping with Publican bugs
How to get the source
- FAS Group: https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/group/view/svnpublican
- Tars and SRPMs: https://fedorahosted.org/releases/p/u/publican/
- Anonymous checkout: git clone git://git.fedorahosted.org/publican.git
- Commit access: git clone ssh://git.fedorahosted.org/git/publican.git
- Web view: http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/publican.git
To submit a patch, either add it to Bugzilla, or send it to the official mailing list. Note that if you intend to make some changes, it is always a good idea to discuss them on the mailing list first to see what other people think.
The patch should consist of diff files that include:
- All changes to the source code, both scripts and modules.
- Appropriate tests that prove that your changes work as expected. The tests are located in the t/ directory.
- Related changes to the documentation in the source code itself. If you can, update the User Guide as well.
Publican has numerous components which require translation, to manage translations Publican uses Zanata an open source translation tool. If you wish to help translate Publican in to your language please join a translation team on Zanata and join in!
The translations projects are located at:
Tools Using Publican
- Ruby Gem for controlling publican: https://rubygems.org/gems/PublicanCreators
Fedora CVS Package DB links (for package maintainers)
Who is using Publican?
If you spot documentation using Publican email us!