A 'simple' chroot build environment manager for building RPMs.
Mock is used by the Fedora Build system to populate a chroot environment, which is then used in building a source-RPM (SRPM). It can be used for long-term management of a chroot environment, but generally a chroot is populated (using yum), an SRPM is built in the chroot to generate binary RPMs, and the chroot is then discarded.
User documentation can be found at https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Projects/Mock
Mock currently has one active branch plus master.
- mock-1.0 - This branch is in bugfix mode and is used for EL-5
- master - This is currently mock 2.x and is still getting features. It is used for everything else.
Do you have patch, idea or just question. You can write to buildsys mailing list or try #fedora-buildsys on Freenode. We prefer the emails thou.
Getting and compiling mock
- git clone git://git.fedorahosted.org/git/mock.git mock
- cd mock
- make rpm
Resulting RPM will be output into noarch/mock-$VERSION-$RELASE.noarch.rpm
- TracGuide -- Built-in Documentation
- The Trac project -- Trac Open Source Project
- Trac FAQ -- Frequently Asked Questions
- TracSupport -- Trac Support
For a complete list of local wiki pages, see TitleIndex.