A 'simple' chroot build environment manager for building RPMs.
Mock is used by the Fedora Build system to populate a chroot environment, which is then used in building a source-RPM (SRPM). It can be used for long-term management of a chroot environment, but generally a chroot is populated (using yum), an SRPM is built in the chroot to generate binary RPMs, and the chroot is then discarded.
User documentation can be found at https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Projects/Mock
Mock currently has one active branch plus master.
- mock-1.0 - This branch is in bugfix mode and is used for EL-5
- master - This is currently mock 2.x and is still getting features. It is used for everything else. This branch is used pure for releasing.
- devel - all development happens here, if you want to send patches, use this branch
Do you have patch, idea or just question. You can write to buildsys mailing list or try #fedora-buildsys on Freenode. We prefer the emails thou.
Getting and compiling mock
- git clone git://git.fedorahosted.org/git/mock.git mock
- cd mock
- make rpm
Resulting RPM will be output into noarch/mock-$VERSION-$RELASE.noarch.rpm
- TracGuide -- Built-in Documentation
- The Trac project -- Trac Open Source Project
- Trac FAQ -- Frequently Asked Questions
- TracSupport -- Trac Support
For a complete list of local wiki pages, see TitleIndex.