libtar-ng is a fork of libtar with patches people have sent on the libtar list.
libtar is a library for manipulating tar files from within C programs. Here are some of its features:
- Handles both POSIX tar file format and the GNU extensions.
- API provides functions for easy use, such as tar_extract_all().
- Also provides functions for more granular use, such as tar_append_regfile().
Originally written by:
Mark D. Roth <roth@…>
Campus Information Technologies and Educational Services
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Forked by: Huzaifa Sidhpurwala <sidhpurwala.huzaifa@…>
- Add support for sparse files.
- Add support for Large files > 2 GB
- Improve the API, general clean up etc.
Feel free to send your patches/views/suggestions to libtar-ng-devel@…