Guest Account for Fedora
This module is a set of tools implementing "guest" functionality for Fedora. The design (and matching implementation) is thus:
- From the GDM login screen, add ability to "log in as guest". See LoginGuestDialog.
- A new Unix GuestAccount is created
- On logout, a dialog appears offering to delete the account
Get the Source
hg clone http://hg.fedoraproject.org/hg/hosted/guest-account
hg clone ssh://hg.fedoraproject.org//hg/hosted/guest-account
Setting things up
- Apply gdm-guestlogin.patch to GDM. I did this by updating the Fedora spec file, then rebuilding with make local and installing the resulting RPM.
- Add the custom fragment from gdm-custom.conf to /etc/gdm/custom.conf.
- Install the guest-account package (/usr/bin/gdm-guestlogin, /usr/bin/guest-account, and /usr/share/gnome/autostart/guest-account.desktop).
- Restart gdm
- Cleaner support in Fedora for NoPassword accounts
- Get GDM patch cleaned up and upstreamed
- Make gdm-guestlogin cleaner - currently spawns a new server using socket protocol, should control existing server, etc.
- Get guest-account packaged into Fedora