Ticket #296 (closed Funding request: fixed)
Funding Request for Christoph Wickert
|Reported by:||cwickert||Owned by:||rbergero|
|Priority:||normal||Milestone:||KL 2012: Travel Subsidies Granted|
|Component:||FUDCon Kuala Lumpur 2012||Keywords:||subsidy meeting|
- What do you need covered?
Flight: 550 EUR = USD 725
Hotel: 184 MYR * 4 Nights / two people = 368 MYR = USD 120
Total: USD 845
- If we cannot provide a full subsidy, will a partial subsidy be helpful? (Yes/No??)
- If Yes, specify the minimum amount you need covered to facilitate your attendance.
I suggest either one, flight or accommodation. As hotel is relatively cheap, this is the absolute minimum. Around 50% would be cool, but frankly speaking I don#t expect full subsidy because I already got sponsored to Blacksburg and I intent do go to the other FUDCons this year, too.
- What will you accomplish by being at FUDCon?
It's not so much that I accomplish things but I want to enable others. I would like to meet with members of the Asian community. I think the Asian community - including their FAmSCo representatives - still can improve a lot.
Another reason for me to go to a FUDCon in Asia is that there are a lot of talented C coders and I want to encourage them to participate in some projects I am trying to push, namely pure GTK+ applcations of stuff that used to be part of GNOME but has now been integrated into gnome-(s)hell. I am
Things I have on my agenda:
- Meet with the FAmSCo people and the leaders of the Asian community
- Thinking about a process for sponsorship and reimbursements, common reporting guidelines for spendings etc.
- Improve swag shipping. This still seems to be a serious problem in APAC and LATAM.
- GNOME 3 or why we need lightweight desktop environments - and what you can do to improve them.
- Advanced RPM packaging (the most confusing specs of nearly 10 years package maintenance)
- Fighting spam with postscreen
- If you are requesting airfare, include complete flight information such as flight numbers, desired departure and arrival airports, and times. Also let us know if you have specific time restrictions.
I will look for flights and provide details once I get feedback about my funding request. The only restriction I have is that I need to leave directly after FUDCon. FUDCon ends on May 20, it will take me at least one day to get home and on May 22nd I need to start building up the Fedora booth at LinuxTag? Berlin. LinuxTag? opens doors on May 23rd and I am the event owner.
- Do you need a visa or other official processing before you can attend FUDCon?
No. EU citizens don't need one.
- Include any additional, relevant information.
I'm afraid it's too hot in KL to wear my beefy Miracle costume but I will bring it nevertheless.
- Milestone changed from KL 2012: Travel Subsidy Requested to KL 2012: Travel Subsidies Granted