Ticket #1630 (closed defect: worksforme)
ipa-ldap-update hangs, install hangs
|Reported by:||jdennis||Owned by:||rcritten|
|Priority:||major||Milestone:||FreeIPA 2.2 Core Effort - 2012/01|
|Affects Documentation:||no||Patch posted for review:||no|
|Red Hat Bugzilla:||0||Patch review by:|
|External tracker:||Design link:|
|Needs UI design:||Fedora test page:|
While trying to upgrade my f15 test vm with the ipa 2.1 release candidate ipa-ldap-update hung and prevented the install from proceeding. Note, yum was upgrading a lot of new packages at the time including 389-ds, pki-code, xmlrpc-c curl, all the ipa packages, etc.
The ipaupdate.log file showed this as the last entry:
INFO Creating task to index attribute: memberHost
Rich M. examined the 389-ds logs and logged in and attached to the 389-ds process in gdb to diagnose but was unable to ascertain anything (in part because the 389-ds debug packages were not installed.
We also tried to perform an ldap search using ldapi (because during the update ports are turned of) to examine the tasks, but after 389-ds authenticated the directory manager the ldap search also hung.
- Milestone changed from 0.0 NEEDS_TRIAGE to 2.1 - Sprint 3. July
- Priority changed from major to blocker
- Milestone changed from 2.1 - Sprint 3. July to 2.1.1 - Bug fixing iteration 1
- Milestone changed from 2.1.1 - Bug fixing iteration 1 to 2.1.2 - Bug fixing iteration 2
- Milestone changed from 2.1.2 - Bug fixing iteration 2 to 3.0 Core Effort Iteration 03 November Y11
- Priority changed from blocker to major
- Milestone changed from 3.0 Core Effort Iteration 03 November Y11 to 3.0 Core Effort Iteration 05 January Y12