This page will describe existing interfaces that you can use in Fedora.
- udisks (previously named DeviceKit-disks)
- upower (previously named DeviceKit-power)
- In development
- Since F-13
- CUPS can be configured using extensions to the IPP protocol
- cups-pk-helper adds PolicyKit support on top of the existing IPP mechanism
- system-config-printer Python module "cupshelpers" provides useful functions for configuring CUPS servers
- Would love to refactor some of that as a D-Bus service, especially the cupshelpers.PPDs module
- ConsoleKit is a framework for defining and tracking users, login sessions, and seats.