Ticket #88 (closed enhancement: fixed)
Add test coverage for 'basic video driver install'
|Reported by:||jlaska||Owned by:||rhe|
There is no explicit verification that the basic video driver install boot option exists, or even works.
With nomodeset no longer an option for some video drivers, having xdriver=vesa working is an important workaround for display problems. A installer boot option is provided for this, but not confirmed. The installer boot option is not present on live media.
- File a bug against the correct component (not sure if it's spin-kickstarts, livecd-tools or other) to ensure that the Fedora LIVE images have a base video driver boot option
- Recommend updating QA:Testcase_Anaconda_User_Interface_Graphical, or creating a new test case, that confirms expected behavior when booting Install system with basic video driver. This test will need to be run against traditional media (CD, DVD and boot.iso) and Live media.
- it should boot with xdriver=vesa
- when X starts, it should be using the vesa driver (confirm by inspecting /tmp/X.log)
- does the installed system also boot with xdriver=vesa?