Ticket #256 (closed enhancement: fixed)
Add EFI data to installation / base results matrices
|Reported by:||adamwill||Owned by:||adamwill|
It would be nice if we could explicitly include EFI install test results in the installation matrix.
Right now we just have the efidisk.img test case, which is kind of outdated: we don't just have a 'special' EFI boot disk any more, EFI support is integrated into all images.
I'm not yet sure of the best way to lay this out, but I think we need to capture:
- result of a straight-through DVD install booted via EFI
- result of a straight-through live CD install booted via EFI
- result of a straight-through live-image-written-to-USB-by-livecd-iso-to-disk install booted via EFI
- result of a straight-through DVD-image-written-to-USB-by-l-i-t-d install booted via EFI
- result of preupgrading an EFI install
- result of DVD upgrading an EFI install
I think other test cases don't necessarily need to be done both BIOS and EFI, but we probably need at least the above results.
One way to do this would be to add an "EFI" column to the installation and base results matrices, and only provide boxes in that column for the test cases that cover the above features. But that's just one idea; there may be a better way.
This should be completed in time for F17 Alpha, as EFI boot is considered Alpha-critical for F17.