Ticket #1845 (closed task: fixed)
|Reported by:||mmcgrath||Owned by:||mmcgrath|
|Severity:||The Sky Is Falling||Keywords:|
|Cc:||jcollie, nb, sparks, poelstra, rrix, mbooth, ianweller, amessina, mmahut, nigelj, ebrown, laxathom, petersen, susmit, toshio, mtasaka, mdomsch, jkratoch, hadess||Blocked By:|
Description (last modified by mmcgrath) (diff)
The Fedora Project is moving out of our primary PHX datacenter into a new center. This will involve moving several machines, disk trays, etc, on to a truck, traveling a couple of cities over, and unloading and re-racking them.
PHX is setup as Fedora's central hub. It contains our primary data layer and build system. These systems will be completely unavailable for multiple days while we move things.
Starting on December 12th we will start powering hosts down. We're expecting to bring services back online starting on the 13th but may not be completely done until December 15th.
Services that will be down
- Mail lists
- Primary mirrors at download.fedora.redhat.com
- Infra repo - http://infrastructure.fedoraproject.org/
- All support systems (zabbix, cacti, puppet, etc)
Services that will remain up
- fedoraproject.org/ (non wiki)
- fedorahosted.org Authentication via trac may be down.
- fedoratalk - http://talk.fedoraproject.org/
- Accounts - https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/
- pkgdb - https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/
- bodhi - https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/
- voting - https://admin.fedoraproject.org/voting/
- fedoracommunity - https://admin.fedoraproject.org/community/
- Smolt - http://smolts.org/
- @fedoraproject.org mail
Services still in question
- zodbot (our IRC bot)
While some services above will be listed as available, those services may have stale data in them. Mirrormanager for example will stop testing mirrors for readiness meaning more stale mirrors will show up then normal.
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Description modified (diff)
- Owner changed from lmacken to mmcgrath