Ticket #1573 (closed task: fixed)
Remove "All rights reserved" from fedoraproject footers and code
|Reported by:||toshio||Owned by:||toshio|
|Cc:||ricky, lmacken, nigelj, spot, mmcgrath, ianweller||Blocked By:|
The term "All rights reserved" isn't needed and is incorrect. All of our content and applications are licensed more freely than that. We need to remove "All rights reserved" from the footers of our publically displayed content. We can mention (and link) to the actual license for the content at the same time. See:
- All Fedora Infrastructure created web applications
- We can also make the footers take a set of links to source from the configuration file at the same time for AGPL compliance to ticket #1503
- fedora elections
- Templates for fedorahosted
- Templates for the wiki
- Templates for docs.fedoraproject.org
- Templates for static web pages.
The headers in code should also be changed since the code should all be under a more permissive license. We can do this as we relicense our code for ticket #1503 .
- Cc ricky, lmacken, nigelj, spot, mmcgrath added
- Owner changed from ricky to toshio