Ticket #151 (closed task: fixed)
Explore idea of a notification server
|Reported by:||toshio||Owned by:||ralph|
|Cc:||J5, lmacken, alexlan, mmcgrath, ralph||Blocked By:|
- Would a notification server add value to our architecture?
- Does it simplify our other apps?
- Would integrating it into our apps be intrusive or easy?
- How to balance generality with specifics of our environment?
- User makes several changes in packagedb interface
- Packagedb makes change and constructs event messages of [who did it, type of event, message]
- Packagedb adds event messages to a queue messages are sent to the notification server
- Notification server receives message. Saves to its queue. Sends acknowledgement.
- Packagedb receives ack and removes message from queue.
- After timeout, notification server processes queue, constructing messages, saving logs, and updating RSS feeds.
- Milestone set to Fedora 18
- Cc ralph added
- Owner changed from toshio to ralph
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.