Ticket #18 (closed task: wontfix)
investigate weekly Fedora gaming sessions
|Reported by:||kevin||Owned by:||bruno|
Investigate if we have resources or interest in doing a weekly Fedora on-line gaming session.
- Games chosen my be available in Fedora (ie, participants should be able to easily 'yum install' the game).
- Games should be able to accomodate the number of interested participants.
- If a dedicated server is required, see if there are infrastructure or other resources available to run the server portion of the game.
- Games should be changed each week between the available pool of multi-player games in Fedora.
- Ideally some games would not require 3d/GL, so users with less supported video cards could still play.
- Ideally some of the games would be short duration, so participants pressed for time would be able to play.
Items for this ticket:
- Find out how many usable multiplayer games we have available in Fedora.
(Perhaps the games sig could help identify the list).
- Determine if there is resources to run the server side and/or the available servers can accomodate us.
- Find out if there is interest. Ask on irc/mailing lists/forum. I would imagine a friday night or the like would be best scheduling wise. (perhaps gather a ballpark figure of how many people would attend).
- Schedule and see about finding a group of people to keep the games running smoothly.
Rationale: Fedora should be fun, games are fun. Fedora should strive to be a community, playing games together usually brings people together as a community. Fedora games could be tested/debugged in a larger scope than they perhaps usually are.
comment:34 Changed 5 years ago by kevin
- Status changed from assigned to closed
- Resolution set to wontfix