Reimbursement and Budget tracking
This trac provides the following:
- Reimbursement requests
- General accounting for the Fedora Budget
Reimbursement and Direct Purchase Requests
Requests for direct purchase or reimbursement should be made here, following these guidelines:
- Expenditure was approved by another group within Fedora (Regional FAM group, FAmSCo, consensus in meeting/IRC) and has an associated ticket and/or meeting/IRC log
- Expenditures less than $200 USD (or whatever the limit TBD by FAmSCo is do not require approvals, but are subject to sanity-checking/review. These expenditures typically include:
Shipping costs Small hardware purchases for event boxes (replacement cables, power strips, etc.) Printing costs (What to do with things like "release parties" - spending is okay, but no reimbursement without a blog post/event report?)
- Regional support purchase/reimbursement requests less than $200 that don't require approval...
(maybe this should say, "should NOT be travel/event attendance related"?) should NOT be logically part of a larger request; i.e., travel to an event, if the regional FAm group has organized the event for multiple attendees, you should not be attending/expecting reimbursement outside of that group's wider approval/plan) do NOT include travel to FUDCons, FADs. Those follow a different process.
- Regional support expenditures typically include:
- Ambassador attendance at events
- Event support (booth payments/sponsorships, etc)
- Media Purchases
- Swag Purchases
- Banners, tablecloths, etc.
Premier Fedora Events (FUDCons)
- Your request for airfare/train/gas direct purchase or reimbursement MUST have been approved prior to purchase or reimbursement.
- You must have a Fedora User: page.
- Other direct purchases (catering, shirts, lanyards, etc.) must have been agreed to in the FUDCon budget plan, and can be directly accounted for in the "Final cost" box.
Accounting / Budget Tracking
What is tracked
- Regional Support expenditures
- FUDCon/FAD expenditures
- Discretionary spending expenditures (at discretion of FPL/Budget owner)
- Community credit card spending (typically only regional support / FUDCon/FAD expenditures)
How things are tracked
- For reimbursement requests: After reimbursement is requested, request should flow to (either "triage person" or "regional budget wrangler"), and then to a person for payment. Once payment or purchase is made, the final amount/cost should be notated, including the paypal fee.
- For direct purchases with a related ticket: After purchase is requested, request should flow to (either "triage person" or "regional budget wrangler"), and then to a person for payment. Notate final amount/cost.
- For direct purchases without a ticket: Notate final amount/cost.
- For community credit card holders: Though most expenditures will likely have an associated ticket, auto-billed items (shipping, etc.) and any other expenditures without a ticket should be entered individually (as they appear on your credit card bill) when your statement arrives.
- Red Hat employees who are credit card holders should notate the expense report # and date/quarter in which the expense report was submitted.
- Community credit card holders should only need to submit their receipts and credit card statement; final "expense report date" will be the date on which the monthly credit card bill is due.
How reimbursements are made
Reimbursements can be made in the following ways:
- Wire transfer
Having a credit card holder purchase something directly for you is ALWAYS EASIER. This includes airfares, swag purchases, and if a credit card holder is at your event, typically your hotel/lodging, if approved.
Tips to make things easier
- If you are planning to attend an event, and you are having the airfare prepaid and the hotel reimbursed later, these should be separate tickets.