This FAQ answers questions about the cluster project as a whole, broken into its components. Some of the answers cross multiple components, so if you don't see the question you're looking for, search the wiki and you may find the question and answer under a different component. In many cases, there are multiple answers to every question. For example, there's the answer that a developer wants to hear, and there's the answer that a lay person wants to hear without the technical jibberish. In most cases I've tried to provide answers suitable to lay people and people who are relatively new to clustering technology.
If you have corrections or additional questions not addressed here, please mail them to to linux-cluster@… <<BR>> (Do not paste questions into the Wiki and expect a timely response!)
This FAQ is divided into sections:
- FAQ/GeneralQuestions - Answers to general questions
- FAQ/GFS - GFS and/or GFS2
- FAQ/CMAN - Cluster Manager (CMAN)
- FAQ/OpenAIS - OpenAIS questions
- FAQ/Fencing - I/O Fencing aka STONITH aka STOMITH aka ...
- FAQ/CLVM - Clustered Logical Volume Management
- FAQ/LockManager - Distributed Lock Manager (DLM) and GULM
- FAQ/CCS - Cluster Configuration System
- FAQ/GNBD - Global Network Block Device
- FAQ/RGManager - Resource Group Manager (failover)
- FAQ/GUI - User Interface
- FAQ/API - Application Programming Interface
- FAQ/PiranhaLVS - Piranha / Linux Virtual Server
- 01-02-2008 - Updated How do I change the time after which a non-responsive node is considered dead?
- 12-19-2007 - Added I keep getting 'kernel: dlm: (lockspace): reply from X no lock' - how do I fix it?
- 20-06-2008 - Added ccsd: Unable to connect to cluster infrastructure after 750 seconds.
FAQ maintained by BobPeterson?