Table of Contents
Cluster Summit 2008
For sometime now we have been discussing the idea of holding a cluster developer summit to gather together developers of different projects into the same room to discuss and plan the future of the different Linux Cluster HA implementations out there.
Here we will keep the summary of actions to organize the Summit.
- collect ideas (done)
- write down minimal specification doc for each of them (done)
- approve spec list (done)
- evaluate if there is enough material to justify the summit (done)
- list of participants (done)
- decide best location according to participants (done)
- find hotel/venue (in progress)
- define schedule (in progress)
- decide dates (done)
Everybody feel free to add more to the bottom of the list.
- each item needs to be worth discussing face to face.
- take ownership of the idea (add your name to it) because you will be required to write the draft specification for it. Missing specification by deadline will remove the item from the list.
- make sure that your idea and specification is written in clear language so that everybody can understand and discuss even if you cannot be present at the discussion.
Ideas for specifications:
|converging the stacks?||fabbione|
|switch daemons into openais plugins?||fabbione|
|how openais plugins should interact together?||fabbione|
|standard quorum service||beekhof|
|standard fencing interaction||lmb|
|common shell scripting library for RAs||lmb|
|identify and determine ways to enhance compatibility?||jlbec|
|init scripts/startup sequence/concept of clustered service?||fabbione|
|Open Shared Root Cluster integration||atix|
|future directions for file system / cluster stack integration?||mfasheh|
General discussion ideas/demos/presentations/BOFs:
- Development models - a brief inside look at each other way of developing models (everybody)
- Projects goals - small presentation (max 2 slides) on different projects goals (everybody)
- Demos of different stacks - small demo (max 10 minutes each) to show how the stack works (everybody)
Suggested schedule organization
- Max one hour per session (45 minutes talk - 15 minutes break)
- Max 4 sessions in raw. 3 technical discussion 1 general brainstorming/talk/hack/openforum
- 10 minutes at the end of each day to wrap up and prepare for the next day.
- Max 2/3 days.
- Where: (google maps link)
SUSE LINUX, s. r. o. Lihovarska 1060/12 190 00 Prague 9
- When: 29th of Sept -> 1st of Oct included
|Name||email address||Flying From||Flight Departure Time||Special requirements (vegetarian? vegan? allergies?)||confirmed (yes/no/maybe)||please book my hotel room (yes/no)|
|Angus Salkeld||angus.salkeld at alliedtelesis.co.nz||New Zealand||none||yes||yes (27th-3rd)|
|Dave Teigland||teigland redhat.com||Minneapolis||Thurs 9:20am||no||yes||yes|
|Joel Becker||known||San Francisco||Beekhof took my line||yes||yes|
|Lon Hohberger||lhh@…||Boston||Thursday, 17:10||none||yes||yes|
|Mark Fasheh||mfasheh at suse.com||Edinburgh||none||yes||yes|
|Fabio M. Di Nitto||fdinitto at redhat.com||Denmark||none||yes||yes|
|Steve Whitehouse||swhiteho at redhat.com||Bristol UK (by coach from Swansea)||14:20||no||yes||yes|
|Keisuke Mori||kskmori at intellilink.co.jp||Tokyo||no||yes||no|
|Tadashiro Yoshida||yoshida.tadashiro at oss.ntt.co.jp||Tokyo||no||yes||no|
|Steven Dake||sdake@…||Phoenix, Arizona, USA||not big on cheese||yes||yes|
|Chrissie Caulfield||ccaulfie at redhat.com||Leeds UK||12:05 Terminal 1||not keen on tomatoes||yes||yes|
|Kenaro Aoshima||aoshima.kentaro at nttcom.co.jp||Chiba||no||yes||no|
|Lars Marowsky-Bree||known||Hamburg||Thursday, 17:10||yes||yes|
|Dejan Muhamedagic||dejan at suse.de||Vienna||none||yes||yes|
|Lars Ellenberg||lars at linbit.com||Vienna||none||yes||yes|
|Marc Grimme||grimme at atix.de||Munich||no||yes||yes|
|Mark Hlawatschek||hlawatschek at atix.de||Munich||no||yes||no|
NOTE: Hotel is now full. No more rooms available. Please make your own arrangements.