- Certmaster is a set of tools and a library for easily distributing SSL certificates to applications that need them
- Certmaster originated in the Func project
- Any application can use certmaster for easy exchange of SSL certificates
- Certmaster has a a python API and command line tool provided ("certmaster-request") for requesting certificates
- A daemon, called "certmaster" is included to hand certificates out
- The tool "certmaster-ca" is used to list certs and sign them when requests come in.
- autosigning of new certificate requests is also supported but is off by default.
- configuration is all done via minimal text files
- certmaster has extensive audit logs of certificate operations
- Install And Setup Guide
- Integrating With Provisioning -- Requests certs from kickstart, for usage with Cobbler etc
- Func and Certmaster are developed by the same people, so check out the func wiki for more info about development, deployment, useage, and examples.
- Certmaster triggers -- Triggers allow the certmaster to run a set of external scripts for each certificate request. These scripts can be used track requests, filter requests, etc.
For simplicity, certmaster uses func's mailing list:
Certmaster uses Func's IRC channel:
- #func on irc.freenode.net
- Here's the Git repository.
- checkout: git clone git://git.fedorahosted.org/certmaster.git
- source packages here
Certmaster is owned by:
All patch contributers are listed in the AUTHORS file in the git checkout. Thanks!
If you would like to get involved, join the mailing list or stop by #func on irc.freenode.net. Patches, questions, feedback, and ideas are always welcome.