Candlepin is an open source entitlement management system. It tracks the products which an owner has subscribed too, and allows the owner to consume the subscriptions based on configurable business rules. In the real world, it will allow you to:
- See what systems are entitled to use products you define
- Ensure that new systems consume your products based on your business rules
- See what systems are out of compliance
Candlepin is designed to run in a hosted environment which clients can talk to, or to be deployed on premise for customers to manage their subscriptions disconnected from the software provider. You can see a higher level overview of the engine and it extension points.
If you are interested in talking with the developers there are several ways:
- Come talk to us on #candlepin on Freenode IRC
- Subscribe to the mailing list: candlepin@… (signup)
- Check out the mailing list archives at (archives)
- Setup Candlepin via RPM
- ReportingAnError Instructions for how to report or file a bug for a Candlepin error to help provide as much info as possible to developers.
- Bug List
- Bug Graph
- Building the candlepin engine
- Deploying the candlepin engine
- DeveloperNotes: Important information for those working on Candlepin or it's associated sub-projects. Things we expect to keep the codebase in order, architecture gotcha's and explanations for things that might not be straightforward.
- The API which candlepin exposes
- Architecture of the candlepin engine
- How to work with JSON objects within a JAXB framework
- example of Configuration File
- How to create an external module
- Configuring ssl-based client authentication in tomcat AuthenticationAndAuthorization
- Internationalization I18n
- Translations via zanata
- A list of ProductAttributes and what they're for
- Virtualization entitlements design overview
- Information about CRL and ocspd
- OAuth Authentication
- Expired Entitlements: Documentation on what happens when subscriptions expire in both Candlepin and Subscription Manager.
- Database Schema Updates: How to generate/author/apply schema updates for Candlepin.
- Running Candlepin on Oracle
- Running Candlepin on MySQL
- Candlepin Rules In English?
- Pagination in Candlepin
- Logging in Candlepin
- MakeStylish python code checking tools
- Our backlog of things which we need to build.
- A high level Overview of the engine and it extension points.
- Common terms which are used in the candlepin project
- The physical data model for candlepin
- How candlepin's consumption data is synchronized with subscription data
- Subscription Types and Constraints
- Approach for various ServletContainers
- New AutoBind algorithm
Honestly, we were in New England for a meeting. We went out for dinner after watching movies online, and someone said lets go bowling. When geeks get together, we talk about work. Next thing you know.. project Candlepin!