Ticket #374 (closed defect: fixed)
bodhi submission page problem with submitting multiple package versions as one update.
|Reported by:||tgl||Owned by:|
I just had severe problems trying to submit fc12 and fc11 updates of postgresql as a single update; I ended up having to submit them as two separate updates. Thinking back, I think that the actual problem may be that you can't *add* a package to an existing update. As best I can remember, I did this:
- Log in at admin.fedoraproject.org, click New Update.
- Manually type postgresql-8.4.2-1.fc12 into the package text field.
- Type carriage return, thinking this would verify the package name.
- Curse as I realize the webapp took that as a "Submit" click (usability bug here IMO).
- Click on "revoke submission request", then on "edit".
- Click "add new package", then fill in postgresql-8.3.8.-1.fc11 and the rest of the fields. All appears well.
- Observe that the resulting success page mentions postgresql-8.3.8.-1.fc11 twice and the fc12 update not at all.
- Re-edit, and find that indeed only the fc11 package is there.
- Click on "add new package", add postgresql-8.4.2-1.fc12 again.
- Observe that now only postgresql-8.4.2-1.fc12 is mentioned (twice). Swear some more.
- File the .fc11 package as a separate update.
- Report bug.