Scope of the Amber Project for F10
- TurboGears based web application.
- Browse applications
- Search for applications
- Install applications
- Comment on applications and add other metadata
- Data sync with Fedora package database, comps.xml, and .desktop files
- Fedora only, but designed to allow compatibility with other distributions
- OpenID/integration with Fedora Account System
- I18N-ready data model
Nice to have
- Plugins for applications (packages that are not required, but offer enhanced functionality)
- User moderation of comments
- Meta ratings for comments/reviews
- Meta ratings for users ("Power user", "Troll", etc)
- User-generated lists of applications: "Bob's favorite games", "Cindy's office suite"
- Automatically suggested alternatives "Instead of X, some users prefer Y"
- Articles - "How to remove red-eye with the gimp" or "Creating a webcomic with Fedora"
- These would include links to install the needed software
Out of scope for this release
- Actual I18N/L10N integration
- Removing applications
- Alternate repositories
- Non-fedora distributions
- Post-install help/tutorials/runmenow buttons