Ticket #369 (closed defect: fixed)
restore of replica ldif file on second master after deleting two records shows only 1 deletion
|Reported by:||rmeggins||Owned by:||mreynolds|
|Component:||Replication - General||Version:|
|Red Hat Bugzilla:||830335|
1) on IPA replica, lets create 4 IPA users: A,B,C and D. Now make a backup with 'db2ldif.pl -r ...'
2) on IPA replica, delete the user D. 'ipa user-del D'.
3) on IPA master, delete the user C. 'ipa user-del C'.
4) now check on other IPA master and IPA replica, both shows only two users 'A' and 'B'. this is expected.
5) now on IPA replica, restore the backup with 'ldif2db.pl'
6) check on IPA replica immediately, 'ipa user-find' shows 4 users 'A, B, C, D' at the beginning.
7) check IPA Master, 'ipa user-find' shows still only two users 'A, B'.
8) wait 3 minutes or so, check on IPA replica, and found that there are only THREE users 'A, B, D'. The users 'C' is deleted now -- change propagated from IPA Master.
9) check on IPA Master again and again, there are still only two users 'A, B'.
10) check on IPA Replica again and again, there are still three users 'A, B,D'. --- this status is different from IPA Master's 'A,B', or backup's 'A, B, C, D'.
If backup was created without '-r' option, then the step 8 above will always show 'A,B,C,D', the same as backup. with '-r' option make the final result between.
I think the delete of C that first occurred on the replica should have been propagated to the master, and then back to the replica after the restore from ldif.
- Owner changed from rmeggins to mreynolds
- Status changed from new to assigned
Changed 4 years ago by mreynolds
- Attachment 0001-Ticket-369-restore-of-replica-ldif-file-on-second-ma.patch added
comment:11 Changed 4 years ago by mreynolds
- Status changed from assigned to closed
- Resolution set to fixed
comment:12 Changed 4 years ago by nkinder
- Red Hat Bugzilla set to [https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=830335 830335]